Just a girl who could no longer deny the dirt in her veins.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pranging Ducks on the Wing....hahahaha

Remember my bucket list from last year?  If you don't remember, you can read it.  I'll post the link right about.....here:


  http://hoosierfarmersdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/04/bucket-list-2-of-many-things.html







Both are crossed off the list. 
Drive a tractor....done. 
Shoot a gun....done. 




I fired a .22 rifle....at a target and I hit the target .... on my first shot.  Woop woop!!  Cowboy and College Boy (another farmhand) took me along as they fired his Glock pistol at the target.

Too scary for me (at this point)
 
 
So back to me and my story....  I took the rifle expertly into my grip.  I pulled down the lever as I was instructed and loaded the bullet into its little spot.  I pulled the lever back up into its position....
 
"Ok," says Cowboy, "put this up against your shoulder, put your left hand here, pull back the hammer to cock it, aim it at the target....line up your sights....and when you're ready, pull the trigger."
 
<<<<<<<C R A C K>>>>>>>
*****PING*****
 
I hit the target!!  It was a small target, I'm guessing less than 6 inches in diameter.....and I hit it!!!!  and I was like 50 feet away from it!!!!  I'm amazing!!! 
 
When we went to bed that night, I prattled on and on about shooting....how I need to get faster so I can shoot clay pigeons out of the sky....and like Ralphy.."pranging ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots."  (A Christmas Story....an all time favorite)
 
List of stuff to do:  laundry
                               grocery
                               dust
                               sweep
                               pull weeds
                               target practice

 
Remember that lady on an Andy Griffith episode?  She was Thelma Lou's cousin and fabulous shooter...she ended up going against Andy in the shooting competion....well anyway, she's my new hero.   
 
 
Here's another less exciting but oh so satisfying accomplishment :
 

My very first sweater....knit by hand....MY hand.
It fits and I love it!!!  I used a light weight wool yarn...purple!!
 
 
What's next for this adventurous farm girl?  Well, I still need to shoot a pistol....when I get braver....and get my gun permit.  Time to write another Bucket List.  Any other suggestions?
 
 
 
Oh...ps...lightning struck, dead old computer, no recent back up, fun new computer....with a touch screen, rebuilding my stuff.
 
The newest baby longhorn....finally, a girl (heifer)!!
Foggy day?  No.  It's what happens when you take a camera out
of the air-conditioning into the hot humid day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment